Winter Wellness Series
- January 30 – “Yoga: Strength, Balance and Mindfulness” with Breia Tlusty, MA and Registered Yoga Teacher 200.
- February 13 – “Massage Therapy: Relaxation, Healing and Wellness” with Nikki Kassien, licensed massage therapist and owner of Calming Stone Massage.
- February 20- “Healthy Winter Comfort Food” with Addie Halfmann, FYI Northwoods News food columnist.
- February 27 – “Winter Skin Care” with Kelly Seeliger, certified aesthetician and owner of Fern and Folk Spa in Minocqua.
- March 6 – “Fall Prevention and Living Well with Chronic Conditions” with Amie Rein, program coordinator Vilas County Commission on Aging
- March 13 – “Personal Security, Assault Prevention and Self-Defense” with Frauna Schroeder, Library Assistant and former self-defense instructor with the Portland Police Bureau
Winter Weather Warning
Since the weather in northern Wisconsin is unpredictable, if it’s snowing and blowing outside it would be wise to call the library to make sure it’s open before heading out. The library will make every effort to stay open, but will close if driving conditions are treacherous. The community center parking lot is usually snow-covered and slippery all winter long, so if you are worried about slipping and falling, please call ahead and a staff member can meet you at your car to deliver your books or pick up returns.