Winter Wellness Series
- January 30 – “Yoga: Strength, Balance and Mindfulness” with Breia Tlusty, MA and Registered Yoga Teacher 200.
- February 13 – “Massage Therapy: Relaxation, Healing and Wellness” with Nikki Kassien, licensed massage therapist and owner of Calming Stone Massage.
- February 20- “Healthy Winter Comfort Food” with Addie Halfmann, FYI Northwoods News food columnist.
- February 27 – “Winter Skin Care” with Kelly Seeliger, certified aesthetician and owner of Fern and Folk Spa in Minocqua.
- March 6 – “Fall Prevention and Living Well with Chronic Conditions” with Amie Rein, program coordinator Vilas County Commission on Aging
- March 13 – “Personal Security, Assault Prevention and Self-Defense” with Frauna Schroeder, Library Assistant and former self-defense instructor with the Portland Police Bureau
Winter Weather Warning
Since the weather in northern Wisconsin is unpredictable, if it’s snowing and blowing outside it would be wise to call the library to make sure it’s open before heading out. The library will make every effort to stay open, but will close if driving conditions are treacherous. The community center parking lot is usually snow-covered and slippery all winter long, so if you are worried about slipping and falling, please call ahead and a staff member can meet you at your car to deliver your books or pick up returns.
Boulder Junction Public Library Book Club
2017-2018 Reading List!
The Boulder Junction Public Library sponsors a monthly book discussion club led by area book lovers. The group meets the second Wednesday of the month at 1:30 pm in the library. Newcomers are always welcome to participate in any month’s discussion.
This year’s reading list promises to satisfy all book lovers with a variety of writing styles and subjects. Click on the title of the book to go directly to our catalog to order the book!
November 8: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
December 13: The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas
January 10, 2018: Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig
February 14, 2018: The Last Goodnight by Howard Blum
March 14, 2018: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
April 11, 2018: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
May 9, 2018: The Girl with Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee
June 13, 2018: Luncheon to Pick the Next Books – Details TBA
July 11, 2018: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
If you prefer to borrow your books through the library system, you can order online at http://merlin.nwls.lib.wi.us or you can contact Library Director, Cherie Sanderson. For people with eReaders, be sure to check the WPLC digital library website at dbooks.wplc.info.